14.3.07

Three cool things Addie is doing....

1. Give and take. This seems like a little thing, but it's actually really cool. The first time it happened, here's how it went down: I had a piece of cloth in my hand, Addie reached for it, I gave it to her. Then I put my hand out and asked for it back. She slowly put it in my hand and then let go. I took it back from her and then held it out to to see if she wanted it back. She looked at it, broke a huge smile, and started giggling like crazy while she slowly took it out of my hand. We handed this thing back and forth probably a dozen times, both of us with huge smiles laughing about our new fun game. She does it all the time now....

2. Learning to wave. Every night we have a routine of waving goodnight to the lamps while we turn them off just before bed. At first I waved. Now Addie's figuring it out and gives her little clasping wave to at least the first few lamps. Every night she does it a bit more!

3. Spangolian. Addie is speaking in full sentences about everything from Britney Spears bald head to advanced pincher techniques for chowing on blue berries. The only problem is that English is not her first language, so the topics of her conversation are purely speculation at this point. She knows Mama and Dada and Papa. She also knows Baba, Gowa, and EEEEEEEoooouuuuphzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. More new sounds everyday - it's really fun....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also play a similiar game of give and take with my pups. They take, and I give. sheesh.

Lil' miss Adeline Rae (sp?)is looking good enough to eat!!!!!!!!!! Love to hang with her and the parentals again soon!
Thanks for passing on the blog. I love it!!!
xoxo
Auntie Michelle

Heather Russelle Transformative Therapies said...

I got a puppy. I know what you're talking about. She doesn't make as many cute sounds. aunti Heather

Sparklegirl said...

Do we know what Baba or Gowa mean? Are they directed at anything?