18.3.07

Bath time....

Addie's crawling so much now, she's all over the house. This has changed some of our old routines a bit. This morning I started running a bath for Addie. Normally she'll stay in her room and play while I get things ready. Not this morning! As I'm rinsing things out, I can hear a little scuffle down the hall as she crawls to the bath room. Her head pops in the door, and she's ecstatic. There's the tub! There's water! There's Dad! Party time! She's at my leg, pulling herself into the tub. Fortunately she had enough patience for me to finish rinsing the tub cleaner and get the temperature right. She crawls back and forth in the tub and splashes like a wild woman playing whack-a-mole. Good times!

Oh, another funny story: Addie falls asleep in her crib, but ends up sleeping with us by 4 or 5 in the morning. So, we all wake up in the bed together every morning. Addie will sit up at some point and begin lurching around, grabbing Mom and Dad's faces and arms. Wake up! She has this new thing now that's hilarious. She'll pull herself up on me and literally jump over my body towards the edge of the bed while making a Brave Heart style war cry. Whraaaeeee! I have to grab her mid-way, usually by the legs, and pull her back to safety. Let me say this, when Addie wants something, she does not mess around. Be warned.

No comments: